Aspire + WIIA - What is ESG and why should internal audit care?
Join this exclusive joint event from WIIA and Aspire and learn about the role of internal audit regarding Environmental, Societal, and Governance (ESG). ESG has quickly climbed organisations' agendas due to climate change, diversity and inclusion issues.
Increasingly, boards and investors, as well as employees, want to know whether organisations are driving long-term value through ESG management in the business' strategy and performance. Internal audit has a critical role in supporting the organisations they serve, making sure they have robust processes and data for ESG performance and reporting.
With the growing appetite from governments to regulate climate and ESG disclosures, organisations will increasingly ask for internal audits to provide objective and independent assurance that they are meeting the requirements.
What will I learn?
- What is ESG and why it is important?
- The role of internal audit with regards to ESG
- Examples of how to approach auditing ESG
- Rosie Nightingale - Manager, PwC
- Frances Hawkins - Managing Director - Internal Audit, Goldman Sachs
- Gorette Thordsen - Senior Manager, PwC
- Ines Gjoni - Senior Internal Audit Manager, Vodafone
- Verdhan Shah - Vice President, Goldman Sachs
CPE core competencies
- Internal audit delivery
1 CPE point
|08:30 - 08:35||
Welcome and introductions
|08:35 - 09:00||
|09:00 - 9:10||
|09:10 - 09:25||
Q & A
|09:25 - 09:30||
This event has been organised by our Aspire and Women in Internal Audit Communities.
Please email email@example.com if you have any queries.
Related training courses
Interested in the topic above? See the related courses you can attend:
ESG – Environmental, social and governance | 28 July 2022, 28 September 2022 and 28 November 2022
Date:7 June 2022