Ireland | Agile Internal Audit
21 October | 14:30 - 16:00 | Online
This event will be delivered online. Registered delegates will receive joining instructions two days prior to the event. Please note, once registered a booking confirmation will not be received.
The event recording, if available, will be ready to view on our website, within five working days post-event. CPE certificates will be sent to all delegates who attended, within 10 working days post-event.
For any queries, please contact us at email@example.com. We look forward to welcoming you to the event.
Internal Audit teams are continually challenged to provide more value to stakeholders while enhancing organisational influence and impact. Stakeholders are demanding more efficient assurance, better advice on processes and controls, and greater anticipation of risks. In reports, they want deeper insights and stronger points of view. While specific challenges vary across industries and organisations, most often it is understood that internal auditors need to:
- Deliver deeper insights into strategic business issues and risks
- Respond rapidly to changing priorities and emerging issues
- Become forward-looking in anticipating risks
- Move to more risk-based audit planning and fieldwork
- Streamline workpapers
- Deliver impactful, relevant, timely, readable, and visual reports
- Access the applicable skillsets for the project at hand
- Deepen specialized skillsets, particularly in cyber and analytics
Current efforts to address these challenges are not working—or not working quickly enough.
By aligning mindset and process, Agile Internal Audit frameworks direct time and effort toward the issues, challenges, and risks that most affect the organisation’s ability to implement strategy and achieve goals. At the same time, it aims to conduct routine assurance activities without unnecessary resources, effort, or reports.
Successful adoption of an Agile Internal Audit methodology depends on mutually understood goals, transparency about the work, and efficient resourcing. This is not, as some mistakenly believe, about cost cutting.
- Steve Sanders – Group Chief Internal Auditor, Bank of Ireland
- Deirdre Nicholl – Head of Audit, Group Internal Audit, Bank of Ireland
- Emmanuel Theocharopoulos, Portfolio Lead, Group Internal Audit, Bank of Ireland
- Patrick Grenham, Audit Manager, Group Internal Audit, Bank of Ireland
CPE core competencies
- Internal audit management
2 CPE points
|14:30 - 14:45||
Welcome and introductions
|14:45 - 15:25||
Agile in Audit
|15:25 - 15:55||
Breakout sessions: Sharing of Agile techniques
|15:55 - 16:00||
Wrap-up and close
Members - FREE
Non members - £29.00
Bookings are now closed
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for enquiries.
This event has been organised by the Ireland Regional Committee.