Retail Audit Forum | Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Lessons learnt and how we move into the new future
05 November | 10:00 - 12:00 | Online
This event will be delivered online. Registered delegates will receive a reminder 10 working days before the event and joining instructions two days prior to the event. Please note, once registered a booking confirmation will not be received.
The event recording, if available, will be ready to view on our website, within five working days post-event. CPE certificates will be sent to all delegates who attended, within 10 working days post-event.
For any queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to welcoming you to the event.
In recent months there has been an incredible level of uncertainty with COVID-19 placing us, our families and our organisation’s at a level of risk that most of us would never have considered possible at the beginning of 2020.
As the coronavirus outbreak spread retailers stepped up their efforts to provide consumers with essential goods and to protect the health and well-being of the communities they serve. Challenges arose in global retail supply chains, as well as locally with big shifts in consumer behaviour and a swing in purchasing patterns with huge impacts on organisations and changes in ways of working and in some cases diversity.
As we come through this pandemic what have we learnt as an internal audit activity and as a profession? How can we provide assurance given the changes in ways of working and how can we build back better for the future? We will be looking at these questions during this session under the following headings:
- Lessons learnt from the pandemic
- Different types of assurance – provided via remote working
- The future of the internal audit profession in the retail sector
- Questions and answers
What will I learn?
- Shared industry's experiences, learnt from the pandemic
- The impact on the internal audit activity in the industry
- What the future looks for internal audit with more agile delivery
- Maxine Grainger - Chief Internal Auditor, Sofology Ltd
- Julie Gooderham - Partner & Director, Audit and Risk, John Lewis Partnership
CPE core competencies
- Technical skills: Governance, risk and control
- Technical skills: Business acumen
2 CPE points
|10:00 - 10:20||
Welcome and introductions
|10:20 - 10:50||
Lessons learnt from the pandemic
|10:50 - 11:20||
Different types of assurance - provided via remote working
|11:20 - 11:40||
|11:40 - 12:00||
Members - FOC
Non members - £39.00
To secure your place on this virtual event, please register by clicking on the "BOOK NOW" button below.
This event has been organised by the Retail Audit Forum community.