Tackling Fraud in Today’s Dynamic Risk Environment
14 July | 15:30 - 16:30 | Online
In collaboration with:
Companies around the globe are grappling with a myriad of business-critical risks such as supply chain disruption, staffing shortages, and increasing cyber threats — just to name a few. As the temptations and opportunities for fraud have increased, fraudsters have taken advantage of the situation by using ever more sophisticated tools to commit their crimes. This rising risk makes it imperative that companies and internal audit functions stay vigilant when it comes to defending against fraud.
What will I learn?
- Learn why regular fraud risk assessments are a fundamental practice for internal audit
- Discover how internal audit teams can take a more proactive role in the fight against
- Understand why in periods of heightened volatility, it is vital for internal audit functions to
constantly revisit the fraud triangle (motivation, opportunity, rationalisation) to help
anticipate fraud, and how this can be applied in practice.
- Learn how Internal audit can raise awareness around fraud and act as a trusted advisor
to the board and senior management on areas that need improvement.
- Learn how internal audit functions should prepare for increased scrutiny and
accountability on fraud from the government, regulators, and the public.
- Kira Eilfield, ACA - Manager of Product Solutions, UK&I, AuditBoard
- Liz Sandwith - Chief Professional Practices Adviser, Chartered IIA
- Gavin Hayes - Head of Policy and External Affairs, Chartered IIA
CPE core competencies
- Tools and techniques
1 CPE point
Please note: CPE certificates will be issued by AuditBoard
To secure your place on this virtual event, please register via AuditBoard's website. You can do so by clicking the "BOOK NOW" button below.
This event is in collaboration with our sponsor AuditBoard