Agreeing findings and actions - a collaborative approach
Presented by Stephen Maycock
The most challenging aspect of an assurance process is often the stage in which assurance providers discuss their findings and recommendations with management and seek to agree the actions that management will take. Learn how to approach this task, using a clear structure, to help you develop recommendations that will add value to the organisation.
Who should attend?
This course is for all assurance professionals involved in discussing findings with management and agreeing the actions to be taken.
What will I learn?
Upon completion you will be able to:
- identify the key aspects of a finding
- interpret the results of your work and develop findings that are supported by appropriate evidence
- link findings to business risks
- develop recommendations that will add value to the organisation
- anticipate and deal with challenge-related to findings and recommendations
- agree actions with management that are achievable and valuable.
Developing findings – a key stage
- the role of this stage in the assurance processes
- forming the link between testing and reporting
- identifying the key elements of findings.
- the range of criteria that can be used in the assurance process
- agreeing criteria with management.
- evaluating the design, operation, and effectiveness of controls
- making sense of the results of your work – bringing it together.
Establishing the cause
- root cause analysis
- addressing a range of causes.
- actual and potential impacts
- linking back to the risk.
- elements to include
- deciding order of elements
- achieving balance.
- identifying options and choosing focus
- involvement of management.
Dealing with challenges
- anticipating and preparing for challenges
- how to achieve win-win.
Agreeing management actions
- working with management
- SMART actions.
- developing ratings frameworks
- applying ratings.
CPE competency areas covered
- Performance (Engagement outcomes)
- Leadership and communication (Communication)
7 CPE points
Member: £625 + VAT
Non-member: £840 + VAT
SAVE 20% by undertaking this course virtually
Date:6 April 2022
|Non member||£672.00 ex. VAT|
|Member||£500.00 ex. VAT|