Auditing corporate governance
Presented by John Chesshire
This updated and hugely topical really course puts the “G” into ESG! Spend a full day thinking about governance concepts, best practices and current developments from across the private, public and third sectors and consider internal audit’s role in an interactive and participative style. This course will improve your ability to provide effective, professional insight and internal audit assurance that moves beyond a tick box approach, identifying the real underlying governance risks faced by organisations.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for a wide range of delegates, including those with little and those with significant internal audit, risk and governance experience.
What will I learn?
Upon completion you will be able to:
- appreciate the benefits of effective corporate governance and common challenges that organisations face in this area
- understand corporate governance trends and topical issues
- understand the components and dimensions of good practice corporate governance
- identify and assess corporate governance risks and appropriate mitigation
- learn how to deliver professional, value adding internal audit assurance over corporate governance
- know where to locate additional resources to help you more effectively audit this activity in your organisation.
- what is meant by corporate governance and why it is so important for organisations
- key corporate governance concepts, what organisations should do to meet good practice and moving beyond a ‘tick box’ approach
- the objectives of corporate governance and the key components of corporate governance in any organisation
- identifying and assessing risk and appropriate mitigation associated with corporate governance
- how to deliver professional, value adding internal audit assurance over corporate governance practices
- where to locate additional resources and information to help you more effectively audit corporate governance in your organisation.
CPE competency areas covered
- Performance (Organisational governance | Engagement planning)
- Environment (Organisational strategic planning and management)
7 CPE points
Date:4 July 2024
|£580.00 ex. VAT
|Non member fee
|£775.00 ex. VAT