Data risks, security and GDPR
Presented by Stephen Hill
In today’s 'big data' world cyber criminals will target any business regardless of size. The rapid pace of technological change and globalisation have profoundly transformed the scale and way in which personal data is collected, accessed, used and transferred.
In light of recent cyber attack and data breach headlines more and more organisations are worrying about their own personal data and auditors must ensure they are taking every measure to protect this. Not only are organisations facing increasing challenges to safeguard their systems and data but pressure is on to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018. Getting it wrong can be extremely costly, with penalties of up to €20 million and the losses incurred from reputational damage.
This one-day course will look at how to review the effectiveness of your data security safeguards and will focus on the GDPR & DPA 2018 (post brexit) and the changes that organisations need to adopt.
Who should attend?
The one-day course is open to all.
What will I learn?
Upon completion you will be able to:
- recognise your organisation’s current data exposures
- identify the safeguards required to protect your data
- understand the risks linked to data exposure
- understand the GDPR & Data Protection Act 2018
The course will focus on the risks associated to data and how best to protect data from old and emerging threats including social engineering, social media and cloud computing.
- how is the digital environment challenging data protection?
- data security risks and emerging threats
- IT governance as a best practice approach
- GDPR - what should we be doing?
- data security and compliance
- data loss prevention methods – IT and people controls.
CPE competency areas covered
- Performance (Fraud | Internal control | Risk management)
- Environment (Information technology)
7 CPE points
Member: £625 + VAT
Non-member: £840 + VAT
SAVE 20% by undertaking this course virtually
Date:11 October 2021
|Member||£500.00 ex. VAT|
|Non member||£672.00 ex. VAT|