Effective remote internal auditing
Presented by John Chesshire
2020 has seen internal auditors across each sector get to grips with the realities of working remotely. We have had to conduct business-critical internal audit engagements while working away from our desks, distant from our clients and apart from our management. How we successfully employ essential communication skills, internal auditing tools and our core internal auditing principles in the remote working environment has been quite different to what we have been used to.
Our key stakeholders require internal audit engagements that are insightful, forward looking, and go beyond simply preserving value to creating value for our organisations. This course will show you how to provide effective, professional advice and internal audit assurance while working remotely, enabling you to deliver engagements, deliver the plan and deliver the insight our boards need.
What will I learn?
Upon completion you will:
- be able to add greater value and deliver enhanced insight through your remote fieldwork, testing and assurance engagements
- follow a step-by-step guide to improve the quality and coverage of your remote internal audit engagements through innovative and valuable ideas, suggestions and lessons
- think about effective remote internal auditing and testing in a new light, gaining ideas on how to select and undertake testing activities that are efficient, economic and appropriate to the context
- learn new techniques that will give you the confidence and skills to undertake effective remote internal auditing that will help you deliver impactful internal audit results
- effectively assess risk and appropriate mitigation associated with remote internal audit engagements
- access additional resources to help you more effectively audit at a distance.
Who should attend?
This one-day course is designed for chief audit executives, internal audit managers, senior internal auditors and internal auditors involved in planning and delivering remote or arm’s length assurance on governance, risk management and control. It is also suitable for other professionals who provide objective, remote assurance.
- set up for success: setting the remote rules of engagement
- planning is key: remote planning, preparation and background research
- remote fieldwork and testing: remote internal audit tools, techniques and successful fieldwork
- getting the best from technology: CAATTs, data analytics and audit management
- establishing remote rapport and communicating clearly: effective interviewing at a distance, remote communication and reporting practices
- how to embed good practices: hints and tips for effective remote audit delivery, emerging and developing best practices, piloting, learning lessons and sharing via networking
- key conclusions: advantages of remote auditing, perceived disadvantages, overcoming the challenges and delivering success.
CPE competency areas covered
- Performance (Engagement planning | Engagement fieldwork | Engagement outcomes)
- Leadership and Communication (Communication)
7 CPE points
Member: £625 + VAT
Non-member: £840 + VAT
SAVE 20% by undertaking this course virtually
Date:15 July 2022
|Non member||£672.00 ex. VAT|
|Member||£500.00 ex. VAT|