Improving audit efficiency
Presented by Mindgrove
Develop an understanding of the ideas, tools, processes and strategies to help you to better your efficiency as an audit team and improve the value and business relevance of your work. Learn which techniques can be used to progress both the speed of production and the quality of audit reports.
Who should attend?
- This course is open to all.
What will I learn?
Upon completion you will be able to:
- deploy visualisation techniques to help improve the portrayal of processes, risks and controls
- execute strategies to help optimise the audit process
- deploy software tools to help improve audit performance and the scope of reviews performed
- use techniques to improve both the speed of production and the quality of audit reports.
Delegates will spend a good proportion of course time discussing issues or dealing with the practicalities of auditing. The course is accompanied by a fully detailed manual that holds detailed course notes, examples and practical work.
Tools: Visual and analytical influencing
- why is digitisation driving a graphics revolution?
- visualisation: highlighting control structures
- visualisation: highlighting risks
- visualisation: alternative workflows
- visualisation: roles and segregation
- visualisation: risk and control strength using themes
- analytics: process quantification
- analytics: the cost of control
Processes: Audit process optimisation
- what really adds value?
- matters that impact perceived value added through the audit function
- applying LEAN to internal audit
- audit process optimisation: creating flow and sequence
- audit optimisation: using both serial and parallel activity
- audit optimisation: time cycles and wait states
- agile – is it relevant to internal auditors?
- agile – how it might be applied to internal audit
Strategies: Software to aid common tasks
- tools to help persuasion and influencing
- tools to help or speed up common tasks
- tools to help IT audit
- tools to help retrieval of text and values from documents
- tools to help fuzzy data matching
- tools to help paperless working
Strategies: Report writing
- report writing: using graphics
- report writing: quality improvements – self-checking guidelines
- report writing: quality improvements – managerial and team rules
- report writing: speed improvements – sparse reporting
- report writing: speed improvements – bottlenecks and pinch points
CPE competency areas covered
- Performance (Engagement fieldwork | Engagement outcomes)
7 CPE points
Member: £625 + VAT
Non-member: £840 + VAT
SAVE 20% by undertaking this course virtually
Date:2 November 2022
|Member||£500.00 ex. VAT|
|Non member||£672.00 ex. VAT|