IA ethics – maintaining assurance quality during Covid-19 (incl 3 CPE points for Ethics)
Presented by Stephen Maycock
The global pandemic has generated major disruption for organisations across all sectors. Assurance professionals have had to adjust to new ways of working whilst continuing to apply the highest level of professional ethics in order to maintain the quality of their assurance despite significant challenges.
Who should attend?
Internal auditors and other assurance professionals carrying out their work remotely or making other adjustments to their approach as a result of the global pandemic.
What will I learn?
Upon completion you will have a better appreciation of:
- the broad range of impacts of the global pandemic on organisations and their employees
- the variety of ways that internal audit and assurance teams are affected by the pandemic
- the diverse threats to professional ethics that have been created by the disruption
- how to maintain high ethical principles despite the challenges that have arisen
- the key influence of professional ethics on the quality and value of assurance
- how to use experiences from the pandemic to improve the value of assurance.
Global pandemic – the wave of disruption
- the diverse effects of the global pandemic on organisations
- specific impacts of the pandemic on assurance processes
Professional ethics in internal auditing and assurance
- the requirements of the Code of Ethics for internal auditors
- the importance of upholding ethical principles in all assurance work
- challenges to professional ethics arising from the global pandemic
- rising to the challenge – exploration of potential solutions
Improving the quality and value of assurance
- maintaining the quality of assurance despite challenging circumstances
- using lessons from the global pandemic to improve the value of assurance
The principles discussed throughout the course will be illustrated with real life examples.
Delegates will also be invited to share their own challenges and explore solutions.
CPE competency areas covered
- Professional ethics
- International professional practices framework
7 CPE points (incl. 3 for Ethics)
Date:6 December 2021
|Member fee||£500.00 ex. VAT|
|Non member fee||£672.00 ex. VAT|