Managing yourself and others in challenging times
Presented by James Paterson
Being an effective auditor is underpinned by personal effectiveness and well-being. In this course we will look at how to maintain your own well-being and manage yourself and others in these challenging times.
Who should attend?
Experienced auditors, audit managers and heads of internal audit
What will I learn?
Upon completion you will be able to:
- clearly understand why/how behaviour changes under pressure
- understand some psychological fundamentals
- understand the fundamentals of well-being and stress management
- understand the political realities of the new environment and how others will judge what matters
- know how to adapt your influencing style to suit the new environment, without losing your principles
- learn the LIM influencing model/how to overcome resistance to change.
- understanding why COVID-19 is making things so challenging for organisations and individuals and how this changes morale, culture and behaviour
- understanding influencing without authority essentials
- understanding psychological fundamentals, self-justification, confirmation bias, group dynamics, managing upwards with authority
- seeing how perspective matters
- understanding well-being essentials – checking your stress levels
- understanding your own influencing preferences and how these will/won’t help in the current environment – thinking about changes you could make
- avoid solutions by formula, how to “read” realities and adapt your proposed solutions using the LIM approach
- be able to see organisational realities and office politics in a constructive light
- have a clear action plan for your return back at work.
CPE competency areas covered
- Personal skills
- Critical thinking
7 CPE points
Member: £625 + VAT
Non-member: £840 + VAT
SAVE 20% by undertaking this course virtually
Date:14 September 2021
|Member fee||£500.00 ex. VAT|
|Non Member fee||£672.00 ex. VAT|