Preparing for an external quality assessment
Presented by: James Paterson
To ensure your internal audit function conforms to the IIA’s International Standards, regular independent external quality assessment is required. Chartered IIA studies show that there are still common findings that “catch out” IA teams.
This workshop is an invaluable tool to help avoid any significant findings as well as learning how to turn this process into a positive experience that can galvanise the audit team’s efficiency and effectiveness. This workshop also includes “war stories” about the EQA process so you can select the right EQA provider build the trust and confidence of key stakeholders, not undermine it.
Who should attend?
Experienced auditors or more senior audit managers/heads of audit who play a role in ensuring that the audit department receives a satisfactory external quality assessment.
What will I learn?
Upon completion you will be able to:
- reflect on the up-dated IIA IPPF 2017- what does “insightful, proactive and future focussed” really mean?
- understand how an EQA process works
- learn how best to select your EQA provider, “war stories” and pitfalls to be managed
- understand key areas that an EQA often finds
- understand good practices around an ongoing quality assurance and improvement programme and how to leverage what you are currently doing to get the credit you deserve
- consider the status of your own internal audit team and develop priority areas for further work.
CPE competency areas covered
- Governance, risk and control
- Business acumen
7 CPE points
Member: £625 + VAT
Non-member: £840 + VAT
SAVE 20% by undertaking this course virtually
Date:7 April 2022
|Member||£500.00 ex. VAT|
|Non member||£672.00 ex. VAT|