Techniques for effective testing
Presented by Stephen Maycock
Clear objectives and assurance requirements are an essential basis for test design. Assurance providers also need thorough knowledge of testing strategies, including sampling and the use of computerised techniques. Learn how to design testing activities that are efficient, effective and appropriate to each situation.
Who should attend?
This course is open to all.
What will I learn?
Upon completion you will be able to:
- appreciate the role of testing within the context of the internal audit process
- design tests focused on achieving test objectives and meeting assurance requirements
- select and apply sampling techniques that will help to ensure test objectives are achieved
- appreciate the different ways in which a range of Computer Assisted Audit Tools and Techniques (CAATTs) can be used to support testing activities
- conduct tests and document test results in a manner that will help to ensure accuracy, efficiency, integrity and confidentiality
- interpret test results and develop conclusions that are supportable with appropriate evidence
- present test results to management in a manner that will contribute to obtaining agreement on any actions that may be required
- understand how to develop and preserve relationships whilst maintaining high ethical standards.
- the role of testing within the context of the internal audit process
- defining test objectives
- levels and types of assurance.
Designing and conducting tests
- types of test - linked to assurance
- tools and techniques used in testing
- efficient documentation.
- sampling methods and techniques
- deciding sample sizes.
Computer Assisted Audit Tools and Techniques (CAATTs)
- different types of CAATTs and their uses
- how to use CAATTs effectively.
- extracting meaningful information from test results
- understanding and using evidence
- presenting test results to management.
- obtaining agreement
- managing relationships
- maintaining ethical standards.
CPE competency areas covered
- Performance (Engagement fieldwork)
14 CPE points
Member: £1175 + VAT
Non-member: £1390 + VAT