Wales Conference 2024
Taking place on 24th January 2024 at Glamorgan Cricket Club Cardiff, our 16th Wales Conference brings the Wales internal audit community together in person, providing a fantastic opportunity for learning and networking. Please join us for a full packed day of informed presentations and engagement from the profession. The event is open to everyone and will be of particular interest to internal audit professionals from all industries, sectors, and locations, providing insight to the internal audit profession’s views, knowledge, and experience.
The last couple of years have shown us all that sometimes the horizon can be a lot closer than we think it is. If the last few years has taught us all something, low probability risk with high impact, can and does happen; Covid 19, Ukraine, Cost of Living crisis, Increased Regulator Focus to name a few. So how can the profession ask the right questions to support business resilience and exploit opportunities and how resilient are we to be able to respond, despite the continued changing landscape?
This year we will hear from leaders and senior professionals from high-profile organisations across both public and private sectors. Our line-up will bring lively discussion, debate, and thought leadership on a plethora of hot internal audit and risk topics.
- Paul Haley - RTA West Partner, CAE Azets Group, Azets UK
- Shehryar Humayun - Audit Director - Models, Data and Applied Sciences, Lloyds Banking Group
- Derek Jamieson - Conference Chair & Head of Member Services, Chartered IIA
- Dr Iain McGregor - Director of Innovation and Development, Government Internal Audit Agency
- Marcus Panton - Founder, Audit and Risk Recruitment
- Liz Sandwith CFIIA - Risk and Internal Audit Consultant
- Alexey Smirnov - Conference Chair & Chartered IIA Regional Wales Committee Chair
What will I learn?
- Insight of current trends and challenges impacting the internal audit profession
- Implications of machine learning technology in auditing
- Groupthink, and how to avoid it
- Real time auditing; Real time assurance provision
CPE core competencies
- Technical skills: Governance, risk and control
6 CPE points
|08:45 - 09:15||Registration and refreshments|
|09:15 - 09:30||
Data analytics / AI
|10:20 - 11:10||
Expanding Horizons / avoiding groupthink
11:10 - 11:40
Refreshments and Networking
|11:40 - 12:30||
IIA standards / hot topics
|12:30 - 13:30||
|13:30 - 14:20||
Real time assurance - table discussion
|14:20 - 15:10||
Maturity model for other assurance providers
|15:10 - 15:40||
|15:40 - 16:30||
Recruitment and retention
|16:30 - 16:45||
This event has been organised by our Wales committee.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.
Related training courses
Interested in the topics above?
We offer various training courses related to the topics covered in this event, including public courses and in-house courses. Please see our training programme.
Date:24 January 2024
Glamorgan County Cricket Club
|Member||£149.00 ex. VAT|
|Non-Member||£169.00 ex. VAT|