Auditing human resources and people risk
Presented by John Chesshire
People are regularly described as an organisation's greatest asset. They can also be the source of significant risk. Energy and resources are invested in developing HRM strategies, processes and services. This one-day course will help you provide effective, professional insight and internal audit assurance over people risks and HRM.
Who should attend?
This one-day course is designed to be relevant to internal auditors from every business sector and for delegates with varying levels of practical experience. It is of most relevance to those who are about to audit people risk, HRM activity or the HR function, or who need to know more about these activities.
What will I learn?
Upon completion you will be able to:
- understand the role and importance of a modern HR function and how it should support the achievement of organisational objectives
- recognise the objectives of HR and its key strategic activities, including organisational design, resourcing and talent management, learning and development, performance and reward, employment engagement, etc
- identify and assess risk and appropriate mitigation associated with the HR function from an internal audit perspective
- deliver professional insight and internal audit assurance over HR and its service delivery
- access additional resources to help you audit HR in your organisation more effectively.
- people risk and its importance
- a background to Human Resources (HR) and Human Resources Management (HRM)
- the importance of effective HRM to all organisations, irrespective of sector
- HRM purpose and objectives
- modern and emerging HRM service and delivery
- alternate HR strategies available to organisations
- key HRM functional and service delivery risks and options for risk mitigation
- topical HR issues and developments facing organisations and HRM
- common challenges and issues faced when auditing HR and HRM and how to overcome these.
CPE competency areas covered
- Performance (Engagement fieldwork | Engagement planning)
- Environment (Common business processes)
7 CPE points
Member: £625 + VAT
Non-member: £840 + VAT