Cybercrime and cyber crisis management
Presented by Mindgrove
High–profile technology issues are in the news – a business being hacked, a company being stopped in its tracks because it is under attack, or somebody coming to harm because of a stolen identity. This course will help you better understand cybercrime, cyber incident handling and the controls that must be in place to help protect your organisation.
Who should attend?
All are welcome to attend – including those who do not have any specialist IT auditing skills.
What will I learn?
Upon completion you will be able to:
- understand more about the current nature of cyber threats
- know more about how the organisation can and should defend itself.
The course is accompanied by a manual that includes key course notes.
Cybercrime attacks on critical business and service systems
- what type of attacks are taking place and who has come to serious harm?
- won’t security software and IT specialists keep attackers out?
- are there standards and best practices to deal with the problem?
- configure best practice security across all devices and networks
- best practice: vulnerability scanning
- manage change in line with best practices, and patch systems rapidly
- train – so that ordinary users are prepared
- train – so that more specialist users know the symptoms of a potential attack.
Cyber crisis management
- should we assume that we will be breached?
- what must we do – to deal with a cybercrime incident?
- security incident detection and management
- forensic evidence collection capabilities
- preventing cyber problems – key review themes for auditors
- theme 1: culture from the top and from senior management
- theme 2: establishing the existence of best practice
- theme 3: the testing of key cybercrime controls
- theme 4: third party considerations
- theme 5: the proactive adaptation of new controls as needed
- theme 6: learning lessons from (the failings of) other organisations.
CPE competency areas covered
- Environment (Information technology)
7 CPE points
Member: £688 + VAT
Non-member: £924 + VAT