Cybercrime and cyber crisis management
Presented by Mindgrove
Cybercrime is in the news: a company finding its data stolen, a company finding its key information leaked to the world or a company that has had its operations frozen because of ransomware. On top of this when cyber-attacks succeed regaining control can be expensive, difficult and sometimes impossible.
This course will help you better understand cybercrime and cyber crisis handling and the controls that should be in place to help protect your organisation.
Who should attend?
- All are welcome to attend.
What will I learn?
Upon completion you will be able to:
- understand more about cyber-threats and the handling of cyber crises
- be able to undertake an audit of the plans and preparations your organisation has for dealing with malicious or damaging cyber events
The course is accompanied by a manual that has full course text and useful guidance.
Cybercrime – Attacks on critical business and service systems
- what type of attacks are taking place in 2021?
- who has come to serious harm?
- are things getting better or worse?
- won't security software and IT specialists keep attackers out?
- are there ISO standards to deal with the problem?
- what added defences do we need?
- best practice: vulnerability detection
- best practice patching and fixing potential breaches
- best practice setting up resilience and creating recovery capacity.
Cyber crisis management
- should we assume that we will be breached?
- what must we do if we are breached?
- how have others managed real life incidents?
- reducing the impact – what should we do?
- cyber incident plans and crises response plans and capabilities – what can I review?
- post cyber-attack- collection and analysis of data – what should we do?
- reporting criminal incidents to law enforcement – what should we do?
- learning lessons the hard way and preventing similar problems in the future.
CPE competency areas covered
- Environment (Information technology)
7 CPE points
Member: £625 + VAT
Non-member: £840 + VAT
SAVE 20% by undertaking this course virtually
Date:15 September 2022
|Non member||£672.00 ex. VAT|
|Member||£500.00 ex. VAT|