Handling difficult situations - challenges and tactics
Presented by Mindgrove
Another day passes and another delay drags out the progress of your audit – sounds familiar? We have all met non-cooperative people that make you feel edgy as they subtly challenge your work or do not listen. This course suggests nine core strategies for you to deploy to help keep you in the driving seat.
Who should attend?
This course is open to all.
What will I learn?
After completion you will be better able to:
- keep calm and stay in control of tense situations
- save energy and time in reaching agreements
- understand better how to deal with tricky human beings.
The course is accompanied by a manual that includes key course notes.
Core strategies for dealing with challenging situations
- what is acceptable and what crosses the line – distinguishing between challenging and threatening behaviours
- how proven behavioural strategies help you deal with tense situations:
✓ Strategy 1: Foundation tactics - sending out positive messages
✓ Strategy 2: Making connections - people like people, like themselves
✓ Strategy 3: Building trust between people that disagree - confidentiality and sharing
✓ Strategy 4: Influencing – three ways of helping a less co-operative person to agree to something
✓ Strategy 5: Persuasive writing –is it time for a different approach?
✓ Strategy 6: Influencing to respond positively - reciprocity and social proof
✓ Strategy 7: Listening intelligently – helping you to stay on top of things
✓ Strategy 8: Location – how the meeting place can help or hinder your situation
✓ Strategy 9: Defusing pushback – how to avoid the game – ‘yes, but’
CPE competency areas covered
- Leadership and communication (Communication)
7 CPE points
Member: £688 + VAT
Non-member: £924 + VAT