ESG - Social
Presented by: John Chesshire
The Chartered Institute’s annual Risk in Focus reported that Climate change and environmental sustainability is seen as a top five risk. In the space of two years this topic has gone from a talking point to a principal item on risk maps and corporate risk registers.
It's now time to act.
Do you want to stay ahead of the game and hear more about ESG: Environmental, Social, and Governance, to better meet your stakeholders current and future assurance needs?
Our key stakeholders require internal audit engagements that are insightful, forward looking, and go beyond simply preserving value to creating value for our organisations. These accelerated courses will show you where you can begin to provide effective, professional internal audit assurance on these critical subjects, enabling you to deliver well-received engagements that deliver the insight our boards need.
Businesses that drag their feet on sustainability are jeopardising their futures. The third line therefore has an opportunity to cement its standing and demonstrate its value by “joining the dots” on this risk. Internal audit can assess what exactly it is that the company is doing to ensure its longevity by aligning its mission, values and strategy with the rising sustainability agenda, then flag any gaps between the company's ambitions and what it is doing in practice to fulfil those ambitions.
Who should attend?
These accelerated courses are designed for chief audit executives, internal audit managers, senior internal auditors and internal auditors involved in planning and delivering assurance engagements in these topical areas. It is also suitable for other professionals in the second line who are interested in finding out more about these subjects.
What will I learn?
In each of these standalone, accelerated courses you will:
- have a succinct, focused introduction to these critical subjects
- learn about latest thinking and topical practices in these areas
- hear new ideas and techniques that will give you the confidence and skills to undertake effective internal audit assurance and consulting/advisory engagements in these areas
- effectively assess ESG risk and appropriate mitigation
- access additional resources to help you more effectively audit.
A focused overview of topical social issues:
- employee relations, diversity, retention and upskilling
- working conditions, including modern slavery
- local communities
- health, safety and well-being
Objectives and risks – both threats and opportunities, including reputation.
The Board’s assurance needs in these areas.
Key resources from the Chartered Institute and elsewhere to help you audit this subject.
CPE competency areas covered
- Performance (Organisational governance | Engagement planning)
- Environment (Social responsibility and sustainability)
2.5 CPE points
Date:28 July 2022
|Non member||£169.00 ex. VAT|
|Member||£149.00 ex. VAT|