The changing world of audit - artificial intelligence
Presented by Mindgrove
Over the last few years, the media has been filling our screens and publications with news of impending doom about armies of robots taking over the world and disrupting our normal way of life. This course will tune you in to current developments in the fields of AI, robotics and machine learning and suggest how internal audit functions may have to adjust to a new reality.
Who should attend?
- open to everyone, no technical knowledge is necessary.
What will I learn?
Upon completion you will be able to:
- understand developments stemming from innovative technologies;
- understand how auditing these technologies may be both simple and complex; and
- understand how audit might have to change to adjust to a new reality.
The course is accompanied by an indexed manual that includes full course text and examples.
Artificial Intelligence, Robotics & Machine Learning – what are these technologies?
- artificial Intelligence (AI) – what is it and how does it work?
- examples of AI – how advanced are today’s AI systems?
- what are the predictions for AI?
- what are the issues for AI?
- machine Learning – what is it and how does it work?
- examples of Machine Learning
- how far can Machine Learning go?
- what are the issues for Machine Learning?
- robotics – what sort of robots exist outside of the movies?
- what are the issues that will need to be dealt with in Robotics?
Artificial Intelligence, Robotics & Machine Learning – how might these be audited?
- how do I know what specific instances of AI, Robotics and Machine Learning are designed to do?
- how do I know what control structures have been built into solutions?
- what documentation and process guides might I get?
- how do the designers and engineers involved in AI, Robotics and Machine Learning test their creations?
- can I replicate or duplicate what the designers and engineers are doing in testing?
- how could I conduct my own independent tests?
- what if I find risks that are hard to quantify or express?
- will I be able to rank or grade any issues I find?
- how might controls be fixed if I uncover un-remediated risks?
- how can I audit a system that is constantly learning or changing?
- can I get independent assurances from other sources?
Artificial Intelligence, Robotics & Machine Learning – how might these change the audit role?
- what does an auditor do that might be better done by machine?
- what might an auditor do that could be better aided by intelligent systems?
- will we still need auditors in the future?
CPE competency areas covered
- business acumen
- governance, risk and control
7 CPE points
Member: £688 + VAT
Non-member: £924 + VAT