Articulating risks and controls
Internal audit is responsible for providing assurance over an organisation’s risks and controls. In order to do this effectively, all internal auditors should share a common understanding of what risks and controls are. This will help us communicate more effectively to senior management, prompt improvements, and reinforce enterprise risk management.
What will I learn?
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- distinguish between risks, risk impacts, controls, and control failures in the context of an organisation
- define risks accurately and understand the potential consequences of the risk occurring
- define controls clearly, so that the reader understands the risks they will mitigate and can implement them, and
- write about risks unambiguously, enabling readers to take meaningful action.
Who should do the course?
- Internal auditors conducting engagements: You will be interpreting risk registers and assessing controls. During engagements you may identify potential risks, as well as suggest controls as part of your reports. The course will help them define the risks and controls more accurately and persuasively to clients (and other stakeholders).
- More senior internal auditors: You may want a refresher on risks and controls for the purposes of planning. You will be reporting to stakeholders so will need to define risks and controls accurately and persuasively.
What will I do?
The course comprises a module of five lessons and a quiz. You can download your certificate of completion and a course summary when you have successfully completed the course.
You have 90 days to complete the course; however, it shouldn’t take you more than two hours to complete.
The course is online so you will need access to an internet-enabled device. The material is responsive so displays well on any device. However, you’ll need a laptop or PC with a mouse to complete some of the quiz questions. The course consists of written material.
CPE competency areas covered
- Technical expertise: Governance, risk and control
2 CPE points
|Standard Non-Member||£80.00 ex. VAT|
|Standard Member||£40.00 ex. VAT|
Please note: access to our online training courses is for 90 days from the date of purchase. After successfully completing your course, you’ll be able to download the course summary to keep and refer to in the future. You will also receive a CPE certificate.