Quality in internal audit
Building in quality into internal audit serves two main purposes. First, it means internal audit is delivering a reliable and focused service for the organisation. Second, being regarded as delivering a quality service improves internal audit’s standing in the organisation. This course explores what quality means for internal audit, and how an internal audit function might embed quality in its systems and processes.
What will I learn?
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- describe the criteria for internal audit effectiveness
- suggest ways to embed quality into your function’s systems and processes, particularly at engagement level
- categorise your function’s stakeholders, and analyse their needs
- suggest quality metrics for the internal audit function.
Who should do the course?
- All internal auditors: This course will help you get to grips with what quality means for internal audit.
- Senior auditors: You’ll get ideas for activities and resources that will support the delivery of an effective and efficient service to stakeholders.
What will I do?
The course comprises a module and a quiz. After you have completed all these two components, including achieving 80% on the quiz, you will be able to download your certificate of completion.
You have 90 days to complete the course; however, it should not take you more than one hour to complete.
The course is online so you will need access to an internet-enabled device. All the material is written and responsive so displays well on any device. However, you will need a laptop or PC with a mouse to complete some of the quiz questions.
CPE competency areas covered
- Leadership and communication (Quality Assurance and Improvement Program)
1.5 CPE points
|Member Fee||£37.50 ex. VAT|
|Non-Member Fee||£46.50 ex. VAT|