Understanding the International Professional Practices Framework
The International Professional Practices Framework is fundamental to your role as an internal auditor. This course gives you a grounding in the framework.
It sets out to answer three questions:
- what is the International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF)
- why should you, as an internal auditor, adhere to the IPPF, and
- how can you and your function conform to it?
Who should do the course?
- New members who want to understand what the IPPF is
- Members who need a refresher on the IPPF
- Non-members who want to understand the standards and principles that internal auditors work to.
What will I learn?
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- describe the purpose of and the elements that form the IPPF
- explain why it is important to conform to the IPPF in your work, and
- discuss how the IPPF can be practically applied in internal audit activities.
What will I do?
The course comprises a module of seven lessons and a final quiz. You will be recorded as having finished the course when you have completed these components, including achieving a minimum grade of 80% on the final quiz. You can download your certificate of completion and a course summary when you have successfully completed the course.
You have 90 days to complete the course; however, it shouldn’t take you more than two hours to complete.
The course is online so you will need access to an internet-enabled device. The material is responsive so displays well on any device. However, you’ll need a laptop or PC with a mouse to complete some of the quiz questions. The course consists primarily of written material. However, there are a couple of audios and a video - you will need speakers or headphones to listen to them. We have transcripts for both audios and the video has captioning so you don’t need speakers or headphones to do the course.
Access to our course content will be made available for 90 days from the date of purchase. After successfully completing a course, you’ll be able to download the relevant course summary to keep and refer to in the future. You will also receive a CPE certificate for your records.
Should you have any difficulties in booking an online training course, please log off the website and only log on when prompted.
After booking a course, please take the following steps to access it:
- Log into iia.org.uk and go to https://www.iia.org.uk/students/study-system/
- Click on the blue button that says ‘Access the study system here’ to access your personalised study system dashboard where you will see the course(s) you have purchased.
- If it is your first time using the study system, you will need to enter your email address on your profile page to activate access.
CPE competency areas covered
- Technical expertise: IPPF and professional ethics
2 CPE points
|Standard Non-Member||£80.00 ex. VAT|
|Standard Member||£40.00 ex. VAT|